Monday, December 21, 2009

Men=Rubber Band?

I've just read another topic from the book and it talks about how men's behaviour are similar to a rubber band. I've learned that we cannot always expect a man to be compassionate and loving all the time. He needs time for himself. Once more it is thanks to this book that I've discovered something which I didn't know last time.

In the past, I always thought I was right and I was the one who was the 'victim' and he was to be blamed. That was because I didn't know all this. I didn't realise that men too, deserve a time-out once in a while. While reading through this topic, I felt super guilty for treating him like that last time. Honestly at that point of time, I did feel hurt when the rubber band thing happened and I started blaming him, not knowing that it was not his fault too. It was just part of the cycle and it has to be this way. I wouldn't have done all those things if I had read this book earlier. I just didn't understand this last time, so each time this happened I started thinking what could be the problem? Why is he doing this?

A man would start to pull away when his intimacy level has peaked, and this so happens to be the time when the woman is finally feeling comfortable and is ready to give more of herself. So when the man pulls away suddenly, he often leaves the woman wondering why, why and why? But after a while he comes back and acts as if nothing has happened. Now this is something which still amazes me until now. How can he be so thick-skinned? LoL. From a woman's point of view, its like leaving the kitchen in the middle of cooking and when you come back, you expect everything to be taken care of while you were gone. (I'm not sure if this is a good representation of the situation but its the best that I could come up with XD). The guys very often expects everything to stay the same/ be at the same level where he had left previously, but the girl cannot do this because she has somehow been hurt by him pulling away all of a sudden without any reason. So when the guy happily comes back, he'd be shut off and forced  to stay in the doghouse, LoL.

Haha it was funny reading through this book and I find myself constantly 'Wow-ing' and Omg-ing upon discovering things which I've experienced before in the past and how I was able to relate to it and hope to be able to handle/cope this sort of things in future.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009