Thursday, September 30, 2010

So Random...

30th Sept...today's the last day of the ninth month- which means, we are once again a step closer towards our exams (feels like it was only ytd that I had stepped foot into Mr. David's class). After that, Christmas tags along and the year draws to an end again. AGAIN~ the whole cycle starts again. Hopefully this Dec sitting will be the 2nd last ACCA exam I'll ever take in my whole entire life.

Lately, I've been thinking - throughout my life going to school and now, college...I've got to know countless of friends. Mostly were nice and clean on the surface, some were pure and genuine on the inside too, and a couple of them were...well, not so very nice. A nice way of putting it is that I was just plain unlucky to have come across them and thanks to them I've learnt a valuable lesson in my life. Thanks to them, I now know that people have many many many layers underneath their skin and with time, each layer unravels itself only to reveal the true colours beneath it. Even then, it is not always easy to notice the multiple layers. Not a very pleasant experience I would say, and no doubt one or two of them definitely left a permanent scar on me. Sometimes, I felt sad, disappointed and hurt when I think back. Sometimes, I felt really angry and it makes me hate that person even more. I won't blame myself because I wasn't aware of all this before. It hurts so much sometimes till I would seriously wish to turn back time so that I could tell myself then, not to choose this path. Only with experience that I can now be a stronger person emotionally and mentally. No doubt, unwanted memories and scars will be there and I don't want this to hinder my progress of building myself a bright future ahead.

There are many types of friends which I've came across. Some appeared to be normal on the outside, but somehow, these people aren't so real after all. When it comes to serious stuff and when it requires them to take up some of the responsibility, these people chicken out. Come on, is it that hard to do something for your friend? Giving lame excuses, trying to avoid the matter, and doing it but not wholeheartedly just proves how much you care for that fellow friend of yours.

Some just want to be friends with you, because there's something there for them to gain. While some are only friends when they have a favour to ask of you, and when you can't help out, they put an immediate full stop there and then. It's so obvious that these people are fakers....and I hate these type of people. But, the world is full of these FAKERS. And I've to learn to live through them all.

I'm not saying everybody's bad. Throughout my life up till now, I've definitely got to know a handful of great friends who are really worth keeping. Some of them go for as long as (counting....) erm, 12 years I would say...and we're still seeing each other up till now. Friends come and go every now and then. I really appreciate friends who are true, honest, and most willing to help in times of need. Even when we don't see each other anymore, they will never hesitate to try to keep in touch. Even a random message asking 'How you've been?' received halfway during class would put a smile on my face, and these people are like a few hundred kilometres away. Even when they enter into the working world, we never stopped contacting each other.

I still remembered clearly what me and my bunch of form 4/5 buddies used to to everyday in school. Though there were rules to follow, duties to perform, and stress (as if there ain't any now =_=), but those were really happy times I had with my friends. They cooked up an April Fool's story which made me almost cry -no wait, I did cry... We called each other stupid names. There were always story telling session every morning when we enter class, lol! One of my artistically talented friend wrote a story about one of us, and it was so touching that I nearly cried reading that T__T
We made our names using glass paint and stuck them onto our calculators. Each of us has one, a different colour. I'm still keeping mine till now.
I had plenty of great memories with a lot of my friends in school, but sadly most of us do not keep in touch anymore.

When I go to college, again I met another bunch of people -totally different from the type of friends I had in school. It was a variety of shades and shapes LOL. I learned a lot and managed to widen my perspective. I was exposed to a more grown-up environment. It was here that I managed to pick up a few good friends and I am indeed very glad to have met them. I really learned a lot. Things would have been different if I were to pick another course or go somewhere else to study.

Friends are plentiful. Any tom dick and harry you meet on the street can be a friend, but true friends are as rare as gems. I ain't too keen on keeping fakers for a friend, but I would love to keep these precious gems for they are indeed worth the keep. The past is past. I shouldn't let it prevent me from moving forward. I'm not the one losing.

Haaaahhh~~~~*exhales*~~~
I guess I feel better now after blah-ing out another long winded post. Haha...I shall continue laughing on Happy Together now...lol
GDnite~
^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009