Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Viva Alma Mater!

Well, today's a tiring day...
Didn't really sleep well last night...
went to bed at 12+ and I think I fell asleep with an empty stomach at about 2am++
Got up at 7am, so I had about approx. 4-5hrs of sleep =_=||
When I got up this morning, I really regretted wanting to work so fast, cause if I do, I'll have to wake up at this time, every single day- for the rest of my life T__T
Well, for 3 years at least....(I hope)
So anyway, the reason I didn't really sleep well was cause I was pretty excited about going back to school actually. I'm suppose to help Ms. Jen go back to school together with the other course leaders and the marketing staff to help 'promote' Sunway College. XD


So, Ms. Jen picked me up at coll at about 8.05am...reached school at about 8.15am or so? Then Satvin joined us there. Ms. Jen & Ms. Winnie too were ex-convents =)
Ahhh~really miss stepping into school once more~but this time, I was in sneakers, t-shirt, skinny jeans, and my hair was dyed LOL. Three years ago, it was the navy blue skirt, collar shirt, tie and blazer, my school bag, and another bag which people often thinks contains a laptop in it.

~Upper Hall~
All the lecturers gave a short talk about their own respective courses. There was Ms. Chelvi from Biz & Marketing, Mr. Lim doing the IT part, Ms. Jen doing ACCA of course, and another new Malay lecturer doing the Interior Design.
When Ms. Jen and I walked into the upper hall, everybody was like giving those 'who the heck are they?' kinda stares. It was weird, walking in as an ex-student, and looking at all those kecik-mayung kids sitting down on the concrete floor, with their pencil case and lab books next to them. Prefects will be circling the crowd like some 'cage' thing. Then Satvin came in, and everybody was like 'WHO THE HECK IS HE'
LMAO~ but even before we came in, they were not even paying attention to Ms. Chelvi who was speaking at that time. It was so obvious...and kinda memalufy-ing LOL.

Hm, actually my main purpose of being there, is to help Ms. Jen promote ACCA...so she introduced me to the Form 5s. I had to go and say something short for a couple of minutes. Haha~the reason why I couldn't really sleep last night was because I was busy thinking of what I should say to them~LOL
But anyway, I just went on and talked some garbage...hahaha~
When I was in Form 5, they were in Form 2 or 1 I guess, so they probably wouldn't know me. So, I said 'You guys probably wouldn't recognise me, but I'm sure the prefects do-'
Then they were like 'YEAH~~~'
I was kinda glad to receive that response...lol. At least they still remembered me.
Otherwise, everyone will be like 'Er, no one recognises you~~~' and then it's gonna be such an embarrassing moment XD At least they weren't whispering, talking or murmuring while I was giving my crap talk in front, hahaha~
FINALLY~ I kinda got the hang of speaking in front of people in school~ I don't know why but last time, it was as though I've got asthma and I can't breathe each time I try to give a serious speech. I keep on inhaling air, and I forgot to exhale =_=|||
But today was alright though, despite not doing so for such an awfully long time.

Anyway, after the talk, I went around and talked to a few of the prefects...
Though I don't really know them well, and I couldn't remember their names (but I do recognise their faces- most of them that is), it was still fun being able to catch up with the current students.

My school counselor, Pn. Mazyah invited us to join them for a short morning tea at the canteen. Initially I thought of dragging Satvin around the school, but in the end, decided to join them. I forgot to take pictures of the canteen during recess!!!! AishhH~~~
The kacang putih uncle is still there~ and he could still remember me!
Ms. Winnie remembered him too.
The snacks stall uncle's still there, selling his sweets and ice-cream.
I went on to buy my usual noodles from the aunty, and she could still recognise me =)
I used to buy noodles from her store like, EVERY SINGLE DAY last time. LOL.
Was really happy going back to meet all of them, and they can still remember me.
It's not much...but little things like this, brings back lots of good memories...
T__T
Making me emo now, before I sleep.

Ms. Winnie and Darren left after the morning tea, and I dragged Satvin inside again so that I could walk around more.
 ~Primary Canteen~
~Prefectorial notice board~
Everyone's looking at us once again. Satvin dislikes the weird treatment. He wants to leave =_=||
Managed to meet up with a few other students...talked a while =)

Left: Toilet 
Right: Stairs up to the Form 4 block
Straight ahead: Volleyball court, Primary Hall, Koperasi and Form 5 classes

 ~Volleyball Court~
 This is where we have our daily morning assemblies. Form 3,4 and 5 would line up accordingly and face the prefects' room. 
We, the 4heads ie. Empat Kepala (lol), would take turns to conduct daily assemblies here.

See the black tinted windows there? 
That's the prefects' room.
Yeah, that's where we stand every morning and face hundreds of students down there lol.
Below the prefects' room, its the science lab, and above it, is the Upper Upper Hall, where we usually have our main exams.

~Main Staircase~
Where I use to carry my heavily stuffed bag all the way from the prefects' room, along the Main Gallery, up this stairs and turn right all the way to the end, to get to my class.
Burns a lot of calories everyday =)
Yes, the stairs is filled with paint splashes and bird poop.
With the bright lights and all, it looks like the stairway to heaven.
They say, below the stairs, it used to be a part of the old teacher's room.
Behind this, is the Backfield, where it always belongs to the 8th Coy-ians.

~Main Gallery~
'With knowledge comes money,
With money comes power,
With power comes freedom.'
-As quoted by one of the boards hanging up there, plus a portion of it contributed by Mr. David XD
This is also our favourite spot where Vinita and I and a couple of us used to sit here every morning before school starts...well that was yearsss ago though.

Canteen, Bio and Chemistry lab, Form 3 classes, library, and teachers room are all that direction.

I'll never forget this spiral staircase =)

  
Yeah, the prefects' room.
I know its in the most horrible-est state ever imagined. 
It's not much...but this is where it all began and half of my school memories were etched here in this room.
The floor..the cupboards, the shoe racks, the steel cabinet (which requires special skills to open, and not many has acquired that hahaha~), the cacated rostrum (which contains a copy of the almost-decayed paper of the Rukun Negara -in the end, Kausalia printed a new one and got it laminated once and for all LOL), the duty board, the old photo frames of previous boards, and this one particular item:

HAHAHA~~this brought back TONES OF MEMORIES~~
Our dear old ice-cream bell, which was spoilt and had the handle replaced by the blue thingy and the metal thing which makes it ring inside, is replaced by keys! HAHAHA~
This is one SUPER PATHETIC ice-cream bell.
And yet, it has been used by so many heads before this.
Every morning, at 7.15 and during recess, this bell would be rung through the PA system from the prefects' room.
Wow, this brings back soooo much memories!!!!
I miss those days a lot~
It's so precious, that I ran straight to the cupboard so that I could take a picture of it!

Imagining lots of students lining up here every morning...prefects getting people to line up. 
Me, asking prefects to get them line up, hurry up, settle down, wait for them to shut up, then let the girl on duty start singing the song, then the prefect on duty makes the announcements, then announce the class on litter duty for the day, and them dismiss them. 
Instead of continuously asking them to keep quiet, bla bla bla, I would prefer to just let them be, and eventually they'll shut up.
Why waste your breathe saying all those? And I'm sure they're sick of hearing the same words everyday too. Plus, you look like a fool up there, telling the same thing to people everyday, asking them to keep quiet =_=||
After assembly, everybody goes back to their own classes.
Sometimes, we have random spot checks, so yeah~
Those were the days...kinda stressed up but yet, memorable and FUN when I think of it.
It's nice to be able to delegate your duties, ask your subordinates to do things for you and you can just sit back and wait for the end results!
That's the part I like most about being the head. 
You don't have to lay a single finger on the messy work.
I just get the juniors to gao tim~
This is one thing I've learned, that is, knowing how to delegate your work properly- and to the right people.
Ok~ I sense that I'm getting carried away....lol

Leaving the prefects' room, we have the toilet~
Filthy, disgusting place...

~Front Office~

~so called Time Capsule~

 
 Well, I didn't really get the chance to meet most of the teachers I'm close to. 
I just got the chance to walk around.
If it weren't for Satvin, I would've gone up to the staff room a long time ago.
=_=
At least he's gentlemen enough to ask me to wait at the school while he walked back to get the car, lol. That, I appreciate XD
After today,
I don't know when's the next time I'm gonna come back.
Probably never ever will...
Who knows...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009