Sunday, May 16, 2010

Saturday, 15May2010

After listening to what is basically expected of us at work, well...I am beginning to have second thoughts about being too impatient to step into the working world >_< All this while, I was really looking forward to finish my ACCA and start working, and this is also partly due to the reason cause most of my friends will be finishing their papers soon and I kinda don't want to be the one who's still taking the final P papers in college.
If everything goes well...I should be able to start looking for jobs at this time next year...

Hm, today's conversations with my friends who are already working, made me realise a little more of what you have to be able to do, and what you must have, in order to keep your head above waters in your work place...
and I know I lack of a lot of all those lol.

You gotta have the thickest layer of skin -even thicker than a dinosaur's. Well, that was a little too exaggerating..but the fact is, my skin is very very thin only >.< I definitely am very very poor at handling criticism...Sometimes, even small ones get to me? And I'm sure as a new fry at work next time, I'm gonna get a lot more of those from my seniors and bosses. If I were to take every single thing they say seriously and take it to heart, then I can kiss the so called smooth-sailing-career goodbye, lol.
I can't afford to be like this anymore...gotta be more thick skinned! /okok ~learn how to handle criticism constructively...^.^

Secondly, you gotta have a flexible brain where you know when and how to react accordingly to the situation, spontaneously. My brain's not flexible...its like a flat piece of wood =_=|| In other words, you must know how to 'save yourself', ie 'zhup sang' in canto. LoL. Well, gotta work on that too...haiyyyy....
Cannot be so 'straight'...the blain must know how to pusing a bit, that's what my mom always tells me.

We'll be dealing with other people -different types of people whom you'll meet for the first time in your life, and they ain't like your own mom and dad at home. They will not hesitate to make you look bad or throw you in deep sh*t if its necessary for their benefit. They're not gonna look after your image as a professional accountant. You've made a mistake, and that's a fact. If you're not careful enough, you're gonna leave an opening for people to take advantage of you. Well, from a student's perspective, working is all about earning big bucks so you can raise a family, buy a house and a car, and pay taxes -which is true. But there's also more to it...lol

Well, another thing is I gotta be more responsible...Responsibility = Response+Ability? XD Haha~ don't think I'm all that responsible...I may be forgetful and irresponsible sometimes too. If not, sure kena from boss in future >.<

Anyway, so what if you passed all your papers fantastically, but you lack of all those things? No one is perfect and I am not too...so...the only thing I can do is to improve on all those...
I'm still very comfortable staying within my comfort zone now, and I've to get out of there, somehow, someday~
Anyway, the exams are coming nearer...and we shall focus on that first...whatever other than that shall be put aside first...=) We can't afford to mess this up.

KBS, you always say you haven't started studying, and you cannot remember your stuff...I know you're worried, and if I were to be in your shoes, I would have freaked out by now >.< Well, I'm not very good at giving good moral advise or support, but I believe you will definitely pull it through this time. Just don't give up, take every opportunity you have and make use of them. It's still not too late. Most importantly, just try your best and have no regrets later =)
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
GAMBATEH XD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009