Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Time Flies

Today's the 29th of December. Loads of stuff coming along the way...just waiting to be done. Also, sem starts next week, which means no more waking up at 10+++ lazing around, onlining whenever I want, reading as I please for hours, no more mindless strolls, playing the guitar for hours, just sitting here doing nothing and not having to worry about studies. =D
This is the best time anyone could've hoped for. Of course this time, I won't say I'm bored because if I don't make the best out of the holidays, I know I'd regret it later when I start working. No more 2 week breaks. I might even have to work my ass off on public holidays =__=
What a lifeless job.
Oh well....

But anyway, I think this time, I didn't regret how I spent the holidays. Although I wasn't traveling, but I did quite a lot at home considering its just 2 weeks of break.
In the first week, I started learning one song, and it took me one whole week to learn it fully. Although it wasn't what I intended to learn at the beginning, but that will do, cause its also one of my favourite songs. I still need lots of practice though.
Also started a bit on my OBU. Was trying to look for suitable companies so that once the topic was agreed on, I could start working on it. So far, the Word document has been left untouched since last week, so I gotta continue later....
Started attending Korean classes which I certainly did not regret! Again, more practice is needed so that I can read faster instead of figuring the first word, and then pause a few seconds to piece up the second character. I hope I'll still have the interest once sem begins and revision and OBU starts coming in. But no matter, I WANT TO SPEAK KOREAN!!! 화이팅!!!
Learned how to cook Kurma chicken ^_^ Was suppose to learn rendang this week...but hmmm tak jadi LOL.
Then, I also had the time to discover not only there's G-Dragon, G-Dragon, and G-Dragon...and only G-DRAGON in Korea, but there's also other cute people like Xander, and uhm...yeah, pretty much Xander. Haha, there're others too like Taemin and all, but I like Xander more out of the bunch of new guys I've discovered. Hahahaha~ He SPEAKS 7 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!!! -AND, HE'S CUTE! LOL

Then, besides onlining, helping around, and doing all those things above, I also bought 2 books during the weekend. Actually, my main goal going to MPH was to get myself a Korean dictionary, but I ditched the dictionary for Paulo Coelho's 'Like The Flowing River', thanks to Nickhun! Just as I was about to pay, something pulled me over to the section filled with vampire fiction books. Then, my eyes caught the word 'Stargazer', I picked up the book and read the back cover. I had hard time choosing between the vampire version of Romeo and Juliet story, or the Stargazer book which also talks about vampire, but its about romance between a vampire and a guy who belongs to a group of vampire hunters. Haha, how typical. In the end, I got Paulo's book and the Stargazer.
So, my next few days were given away to the books. Less onlining, less guitar, less OBU. Hahahaha~I'm still halfway through each book. Now I know why Nickhun chose that book. Cause its made up of many many many short stories, each ranging from 1-3 pages only. Since he's like so freaking busy, he can just pick it up anytime and read up a page or two. =)
Also, the fact that I love reading so much, and I haven't really got the time to read much lately, I don't mind spending the remaining holidays, just sitting on the bench reading. Besides, its kinda windy today and the weather's pretty good lately. As I'm blogging now, I don't even have to switch on the fan.

 I didn't know Stargazer is the 2nd book in the series. Now I feel like buying Evernight, the first book cause while reading Stargazer, I realise that I'm gonna enjoy the plot in Evernight better. Somehow, the name Lucas really gives me the impression of a bad boy. Real badass guy, damn cool, but has a good inside(???). Haha, I'm beginning to really like the name Lucas.

Yes, this book talks a lot about how humans live and how they think life is all about, but did not realise there's so much more to it than just living through everyday, waking up the next day working, earning a salary, retire, and start to feel useless and not contributive, not wanted anymore when they're old. Hm, all of the stories are experienced by the writer himself, some which I find true while some, not really applicable to me, LOL. Two stories which I find very interesting were The Story of A Pencil and Genghis Khan and His Falcon. Stories here take place in many countries, hence there's also lots of things I can learn. Although I don't really read these kind of books, but this book is not bad. It's a good read =)

Well, so much for my holidays. It's ending in about 5 more days. A new year is coming right ahead. Once again, its time to let go of 2010 and look forward to another new three hundred and sixty five days. Time really flies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009