Monday, March 22, 2010

Commit vs Lab Experiment

I've read this article called "The dating scene" from the Star Online. It talks about the relationship issues faced by teens and how most people got carried away by their new found freedom in college/university.
 I've read somewhere that most couples in their tweens up till at least 23yrs usually won't last long. They only manage to stay together up till a period of between 2months to 2yrs...Well, most of them that is.
Don't have to go far, even some of my friends are experiencing this sort of 'trend' or pattern I should say. I mean it's like so predictable. One day you see him or her with someone, and a few months later he or she will be back to the single status or perhaps have already found another boy/girlfriend.
Sometimes I just don't get how certain people's mind work. It's either they have some forgetfulness disease where they can just erase anything about their past relationship so fast, or they just have that kind of attitude where 'if I can't fit into this shoe, so I'll just get another one'.
The reason why they can put down one pair of shoes so easily and go buy another one so quickly is because they didn't even take the effort and time to try out the shoe and see if it really fits them. And the shoes probably don't cost that much, so they don't lose much anyway. And most important thing is they think they can afford to buy some more shoes, so what is one pair to them?

The same goes to teenagers these days...
I'm not saying all are like that, but it seems as though these people are taking this like some sort of experiment. You like this girl you met last month, and you sorta fell for her. 
You confessed. She accepted it.
You guys are seen together almost 24/7.

It's like you can't get enough of the other person.
Movies and outings every weekend.
Camwhoring, posing with sweet hugs and kisses all the time- posting them on Facebook to show off the person you're dating to the world.
Few weeks later, the first issue which led to a quarrel finally arised but somehow they got back together and all the lovey dovey thing came back.
A month or two later, the same thing happened.
After a few quarrels, they got sick of each other's attitude. The guy would be saying 'How can she not understand my feelings after these few months together?' The girl would complain 'I don't know why is he doing this to me. Has he changed?'
Eventually, one of them would want to break up. 

Well, my point is that no relationship can last long enough if it is just based on the 'I-like-you-so let's-just-be-together' feeling. Yes, it may be something like love at first sight but are you sure you love that person itself or just the face and cute personality? Although I don't deny that good looks do help XD

I believe in this saying 'easy come, easy go' where the faster you jump into a relationship, the quicker its going to end.
For me, I have to get to know you before committing myself into something. I won't go into something unless I believe it would be worth the while. I don't want to jump into a relationship only to discover slowly one by one, the other side of him which he did not show earlier on. And this would definitely lead to misunderstandings and possible fights. I personally hate this cause its so emotionally stressful and brain-draining. 
I prefer to be friends first...maintain a close friendship for quite some time. Get to know the other person better, slowly. Know the good side, and also the bad side lol, then you'll know if that person is meant for you. See the true side of that person as time goes by.
What's the rush? It that something's meant for you, no matter what it will still be yours one day.
If I were to begin, I would want it to be a lasting one whereby we truly understand and trust each other. I don't want it to be like some lab experiment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009