Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The After-Rain Scent

I am definitely a nature lover...
I love to look at beautiful sceneries...
I love to look out into the open from a scenic point...
and admire the picturesque view.
I love to look at the stars at night...
and wonder how far into the distance do they go.
I'd love to experience the 4 seasonal changes.
Spring in Europe and Winter in Korea/Japan.
That would be super awesome...

****and by the way, I dreamed I passed both my F5 & F8...which is seriously not a good sign at all...Usually I'd be failing either one or both of my papers in my dreams =.=****

From time to time there would be things popping into my mind and I would want to blog about it. But after a moment, I would have forgotten about it =.= And when I really wanna blog, my mind would be empty.

But here I have something, lol.
This is something me and my friend Vinita came up with last, last year (Em, 2yrs ago actually) while we were always staying back in the library. It's called the 'after-rain scent'...LOL It used to rain a lot in the evenings last time, so when the both of us take evening walks to freshen ourselves or go to the toilet, you could always smell this fresh grass/dew smell...em its kinda refreshing. Just to not complicated things, its practically the smell you can always smell after rain. Haha, thus the name, after-rain scent, by me! XD

I like the feeling of after-rain. It makes you feel fresh, clean, and energized. I still remembered it rained on the first day of my SPM and it was the BM paper. We were all complaining and saying 'What is this, first day of SPM also raining? So dull and gloomy...it has to be a bad omen...=.=' Couldn't it be bright-sunshine and sunny-day? Then one of my teachers told us that we must think positively. He said that the rain can be a good sign as it is God's way of cleansing the earth and ridding it of our sins. It rained so that the earth would be clean and it is a way of creating a positive environment for us so that we can sit for our exams and do well. And yes it did rained during the first hour of our BM paper but when the rain stopped, the air was fresh and clean. Everything around looked so peaceful and quiet. I still remembered what my teacher said until now, although 2 years have passed.
Although the rain prevented us from doing our daily activities, eg outdoor games/ travelling, but if you actually bother to take the time to think about it and observe, the feeling of it after the rain has stopped- is not so bad after all. Try going to out to the middle of a grassy field and take in deep breaths, then look around. =) You'll feel much better. And of course, you'll get to smell one of the nicest and most natural fragrant on earth- the after-rain scent... =)

*Can this be a metaphor? LoL I don't know XD* Put it like this-
When we face problems (rain), we're of course troubled by it (dull &gloomy) and most of the time we would think of many of the possible negative outcomes. But if we wait patiently and act rationally, our problems would eventually be solved. This is similar to the after-rain situation. When the rain has ended and the dark clouds cleared away, mother nature is at its best, as the earth has so much to offer us. Same goes to our problems. If solved, we will be one step closer towards understanding each other better and tendency for the same problem to arise in future would be lesser. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009