Sunday, September 13, 2009

Love Is All Around

My fingers were in pain...especially my left hand's finger tips.
Why?
Because I had to go and discover this guitar tutoring video in You Tube.
And what song is he teaching? LoL
Love Is All Around, by Wet Wet Wet.
Haha, a very very nice song and it brings back the old days.
I stumbled upon the video and realised that his teachings were kinda easy to follow and also the fact that there were only 4 chords to play throughout the song.
Em, not really 4, cause there're another 3 or 4 chords for the chorus part which until now I can't get hold of! Damn it!
The four main chords were:-
D major
E minor
G major
A minor
in which you can strum or pluck using different tempos or styles! It was amazing.
I immediately went to get the nail clipper and got rid of my long nails so that I can hold the chords properly.
FYI I haven't been playing the guitar for quite some time due to my long nails and extreme interest in nail art! Haha~~~
So each time I get to cut my nails short, I'll go grab the guitar and play a few tunes!
Hm, yeah back to my short lesson this afternoon.
As I was saying, I took about an hour plus to actually play all 4 chords smoothly. All the switching between the chords is not easy, considering I haven't been playing for so long.
Then, I tried singing along with it and I did it!
I was super happy! For once, I can sing, and play the guitar properly without messing up!
Usually I can only do one at a time.
Then I went along to learn the chorus part, which I still cannot get after about an hour.
It's something about the G major, E minor, D major, and A minor! Aiks~
Its the same chords, but it was played in a different count this time and I just can't follow.
Arrrghhh~~
My fingers are in pain and its red, even now...
Well, I'm gonna perfect this asap!
I wanna learn how to play a full song at least!
There are so many songs I wanna learn how to play but most of them are kinda tough!
But this song is really easy to learn. Trust me.



You guys should go visit his channel. There're about 200+ vids on tutoring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009