Monday, September 21, 2009

Caribbean Cruising


Ok, this book was bought under RM20 I think and it was certainly a good read!
Hm lets see when did this book land on my bookshelf...
I think it was around the end of 2006, when I was in Form 4.
Today is the 2nd time I'm reading it and although the story was familiar, I find myself still giggling and smiling to myself at certain parts of the story.

'The perfect summer story of a girl, several boys, and a cruise ship full of possibilities. Lindsay has never been on a cruise, but she knows exactly what she wants to do now that she is: climb a waterfall, snorkel, meet lots of cute guys, and look for one perfect guy for a summer fling. But her to-do list isn't going according to plan, especially when she discovers that it's impossible to have a fling-when you're actually falling in love with the hot hunk appointed to be your 'baby sitter' by stepdad.'

Ok that was the short synopsis I copied from another site. Btw, the cute guy's name is Ryan, which reminds me of my darling friend who dreams of marrying a guy with the name Ryan or at least a Bryan, and it'll be a bonus if he's a spaniard! =.=|| According to her, having the name Ryan is like a must. Haha~

Rachel Hawthorne the author did manage to get me so involved in the plot till I'm nearly halfway through the book today despite its my second time reading it. The book talks about hunky hot guys who can be so nice, super caring and yet able to keep cool about all things going around, including his feelings for the girl; and how things always happen so 'coincidentally' with him and it always seem to turn out into an unexpectedly good outcome; how it all seemed too good to be true and its always the cute guy who ends up with you. You might see this all as a facade to the real world where there is no such thing as the Things-Always-Go-Your-Way Principle.

Besides that, this book also talks about cruising and this means a lot of descriptions on the cruise ship, the ocean, island destinations, outdoor sports like paragliding, hiking, waterfall climbing and shopping! -ok shopping is not a sport, lol.

Anyway this post is just to talk about the book and I think I'm able to complete it tomorrow or by Wednesday at least and after that I think I'll move on to either Wuthering High or erm...I don't know, Dancing Queen perhaps? Or finish up the other book which I've abandoned quite some time ago (also my 2nd time reading) So Super Starry.
Haha, we'll see first. No point planning ahead what to read when I know there's a possibility of me not even reading it later!
Toodles~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009