Monday, July 19, 2010

P123 ad. nauseam etc etc etc

Am starting to realise that it is not easy to take on 3 papers at a time...what more a professional level paper. Gosh...I was so used to taking 2 papers previously, and now when switching to 3, its really gonna require a lot of effort from the start itself. Which means, less entertainment, and more of the serious stuff. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna give up on my GD  and Big Bang lol. I'll still make time for K-POP! yeah~
It's not just digesting every single sentence the book and storing them in your hard disk. It's more of the application...and...its not easy.

There's so much to study, so much to absorb, in just like 3months of lectures (is it 3? er..4 perhaps). And at the end of it in December, you vomit out everything. Sometimes, I disagree with the style of having exams...
The education system here has made us so exam-orientated that we grew up having a mindset of having to study, so that we pass our exams. That's it. End of story. I think all this has caused most of us ACCA students to forget what they've studied in the previous sems or perhaps one year ago.
Let's say I passed my Audit last sem, and 3 months later, you come and ask me what is Internal Audit? I'll be like (............). LoL. Go ask someone's who's taking audit this round. XD
See?
Haih...same thing happens to me.
We study like mad for this sem, and 6months later, we'll be concentrating on another paper so hard that we totally deleted everything about the previous subjects learned.
How laaaaa?
=.=||

Well, back to my P123- it's definitely not easy, and I'm really amazed at those who passed all 3 in one go. Definitely requires early prep. and lots lots lots of reading - not romance novels or your Twilight books, but things a professional accountant would read. Make it a point to go look at the biz section of the papers first thing you lay your hands on them. Make it a point to read articles relating to your subjects. LOL. Read up whatever you find useful -and not some hunky vampire vs. shirtless wolfman romance.

Being in Mr. David's class has made me realise how little I know about the world and how shallow our knowledge is regarding the real financial world out there. So, I need to pump up on that aspect >.<
And most importantly...CONSTANT PREPARATION~~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009