Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Reality vs Non Reality

Sometimes when one is a little bored and perhaps a little tired of what's going on in the real life, it is best to switch one's attention to the non-reality once in a while, as a way of relieving stress. Escaping from the realities of life is what people will say, but say all you want because believe it or not some people to rely on this method. This is sometimes one of my ways to help myself from thinking of too much and complicating things in my mind. Sometimes when I cannot come to a conclusion or don't have the energy to keep on dwelling on a particular matter, I'll just find myself an escape route.

What I mean by an escape route is that I find something to do, like start watching an anime series or perhaps a movie and get really engrossed in it till I'm all gaga over the cute guy in them, or maybe just sit down, relax and get myself a good book to read. When I read, I really tend to 'dive' straight in the plot (if its interesting) and really feel as if the plot and I are moving together.

Take Harry Potter for example, I was an avid reader of the book series because J.K Rowling has made it so incredibly exciting to go on and on, chapter after chapter. The way she describes Hogwarts, the scenery, the history, background of each person and character and she even pays attention to the tiny details of the surroundings in the story. Not to mention her way of expressing emotions and linking of many parts of the plot and combine all into one single marvelous conclusion which often made me go like 'OH, gosh I never thought of it' She's one brilliant author and I thank her for bringing Harry Potter and Hogwarts to life. Hence, when I read that, I often picture myself as part of the story as well, with me really inside the book and going along with the characters. I can imagine what that place looked like through her amazing description and several times, I'd love to have been able to go there and see how it looks like.

Then, let's say if I start watching an anime, and if I really like it, it makes me sorta go in to it. Thinking of the story, the amazing hottie hero (which is always the attracting factor! LOL) and the funniness (is there such word?) occupies me for quite some time and this kinda make me not think about the complicating things around me, be it stress from studies or other friendship issues. When I like something, which is usually the cute guy from the anime or whatever drama series or movie, I'll devote a certain percentage of my cerebral capacity to him. This helps me de-stress in a way! haha~ Many credits to the anime guys that I like:- Wolfram von Bielefelt, Hiei, Kurama, George Koizumi, Ranma, Hayate Ayasaki, Ryuki, Seiran, Kawahira Kaoru, Prince turned Firelord Zuko, Tamaki-sennpai, Zero, Len Tsukimori, Soldier Shin (Jomy Marcus Shin), Soldier Blue, Abe No Masahiro, Kenshee Himura...that's about it I guess...

Hm, that's basically what I wanna share this time, cause I just thought of this topic yesterday night when I was in bed. I might have written more if it weren't for my busy MSN! Too many people popped up suddenly! Haha~ anyways, Chiaoz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Moderato
























 

Dolce Vita Design by Insight © 2009